Enjoy career benefits that help you find work/life balance, plan for the future, and prepare for the unexpected. With comprehensive health insurance, unmatched paid time off, and broad retirement options, you can rest assured that VA will care for you as you care for those who have served.
We know you value personal time to spend with your loved ones or pursue your interests.
- 13 to 26 days of paid annual leave
- 13 sick days annually, with unlimited accumulation
- 11 paid federal holidays
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Up to 15 days of leave for active reservists and National Guard members
Life happens — and sometimes it happens between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. or on another coast.
- Work-from-home options
- Flexible scheduling
- Work anywhere in the U.S. with one active license
- Choose from any of our 1,300 facilities
- Change locations without losing benefits or salary
Whether protecting you personally or professionally, VA insurance coverage is unparalleled.
- Comprehensive federal health insurance for life
- Up to 75% of health premiums paid
- Group life insurance for you and eligible family members
- Long-term care coverage for home care, adult day care, and facility care
- Flexible savings accounts to pay for health care expenses, tax-free
- Free medical malpractice insurance for health care providers
Prepare for the next stage in your life with federally supported retirement options.
- Access to the Federal Employees Retirement System
- Eligible for monthly retirement benefits after just 5 years of federal service
- Supplement your retirement with the tax-deferred Thrift Savings Plan, similar to a 401(k)
- Long-term disability benefits after 18 months of service
- Add VA benefits to your full military retirement pay or pension
- Strong starting salaries, steady growth, and incentives
- Employment incentives, including recruitment and relocation bonuses and retention allowances
- Regular performance-based increases and accelerated increases for outstanding performance
- Premium pay rates for overtime, weekend, holiday, on-call, and night work
- Incentive awards like superior performance awards, special contribution awards, quality step increases, and VA honor awards
Download our brochures and flyers for more.
At VA, we put Veterans at the heart of everything we do. We recognize that it is up to all of us to make sure Veterans can enjoy the health and happiness they deserve. That’s why we’re constantly pushing ourselves to develop more advanced treatments, enhance support services, and expand access to our state-of-the-art facilities.
We invest in our people because we want them to be happy. Just as we care for our Veterans, we care for our employees too.Heriberto “Eddie” Munoz
Chief of Human Resources
Being of service
Our core values — Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect, and Excellence — shape our mission and show how much “ICARE” is a part of all that we do.
Support your education
We offer loan repayment, scholarships, and more.
Diversity, people, and culture
You’ll find a culture of camaraderie and a commitment to hiring a workforce that represents and supports our diverse group of Veterans.
Visit the Veterans Benefits Administration if you’re a Veteran looking for VA service benefits.